Saturday, October 18, 2008

And of course I was right!

So as usually I was right, when I felt uncomfortable about today lunch. Mom did not forget. I have to admit, she tried hard but the result was the same – completely spoiled lunch.

Already before lunch mom had some sneaky smile on her face when she was cutting some orange stick to small pieces. Than she put it into a pot and added a few drops from a tall square glass. I expected, and I was right, that she had again been preparing my “lunch”. When mom was my curious looks, she explained that she was cooking carrot with a drop of olive oil, which is important to release vitamins from the carrot. I hope I won’t be overmuch healthy :(

Recently mom has been in trouble with time so I had to watch the cover dancing on the small pot alone from my bed. It took some time till I could smell something strange. In one more minute my lunch started to send some smoke signals to the surroundings. That woke my mom’s attention too and she stopped running around the dinning room where she had been cleaning and went to save my lunch.

Mom had to ventilate kitchen properly, as the smoke signals were quite strong.

Daddy was laughing a lot. He explained that this had already been sort of tradition here. Mom always burns meal when she cooks or bakes something for the first time. My daddy loves cinnamon cookies. When mom baked them for the first time, she burned them properly so daddy managed to eat only one or two pieces and the rest had to be thrown away. It took mom whole year till she made herself to bake the cookies again.

This gave me some hope. May be it meant the end of the experiments with my lunch. But the hope disappeared soon. I found out that mom had whole package of carrot in the fridge. This seems I can expect very “happy” childhood :(.

No comments: