Thursday, June 25, 2009

Broken Rolls-Royce


The day before yesterday my parents suddenly disappeared. Luckily I still have my grandma and grandpa, so it was not such a big problem for me.

Than yesterday mom probably changed her mind, because when I woke up after my morning siesta, she was back home. Daddy was still missing so we had to go for a walk with Ája and mom alone.

Before se left, mom had to return for a tire-pump. One of the wheels of my coach was empty. Meanwhile Ája kept walking to and fro behind the gate as if she was a lion in the cage. That doggy girl has no patience, I am afraid.

Today in the morning the situation repeated. Mom had to go back home to get the pump again to blow up the wheel. That was a clear signal, that something is wrong. My supercar was broken!

We barely got to the town square to mail some letters (oh yeah here we still use the mail service sometimes :-)). It was just about a quarter of an hour to get there but my coach had already been limping. Therefore we also visited a small shop with coaches for kids and mom used all her charm so finally the shopkeeper sold her the last tube she had.

After that we headed to a bike shop. There mom asked some mechanic to lend her a tire-pump. He was so kind that he took the broken wheel and replaced the tube. It took him just a minute or two and the coach was all right again. I gave him my best smile for that and we could turn back to go home.

When we passed the market place, I could see many boxes with wet fruit and vegetables on display. It had been raining in the morning and when I looked to the sky, it was full of heavy clouds. Mom increased her pace and Ája too went quite fast. I tried to help mom with the dog, so I at least held the leash.

We were almost at home then the first rain drops started to fall. Mom pulled down the roof on my coach and quickened her steps even more. I am thinking of going online and ordering something like the “Spirit of Ecstasy” for my coach as it can go so fast :-).

We arrived just in time. Mom took me and ran in the house. At the moment we entered the house, those rain drops turned into pouring rain. I was so tired after that fast climbing the hill that I fell asleep the minute mom laid me to my bed. What a day!

No comments: