Monday, June 15, 2009

Up to the Mount Everest!

Recently I have been spending my days in quite busy manner. For example today I started to train for climbing high mountains. Our staircase is very suitable place for such training.

I caught on the lower bar of the hand railing and step by step I always pulled myself up with my hands and stepped on the stair up. There are many stairs there. Soon I started to get bored with this slow proceeding and decided to do two stairs at once. I have to admit my supporting team was not very excited about it. May be they were afraid they would not be able to keep up.

The team is not very big. It has only two members but they are really a loyal tem. They go with me to almost everywhere. Our explorer is Ája. She always runs back and forth. She comes back especially when she sees in front of us some big dog, than she runs to hide behind the rest of us.

Unfortunately this running is not very helpful when you try to climb high stairs. Our staircase isn’t too narrow but when you are trying to train honestly for mountain climbing the hairy tail in your face does not help much.

The second member of our supporting team was my mom. She particularly was not happy about my tries to get my leg not one but two steps up. She kept advising to not do that. But when I wanted her to help me – to give me a little push from the other side (than it would be easier to step up) – she refused. Her argument was that I decided for the mountain climbing tour myself so I had to finish it myself too.

The climbing was quite demanding and now I know how Hillary felt when climbing Mount Everest. I too had that wonderful feeling when I got all the way up to the upper floor. Ája kept in the respectful distance behind me and my loyal Tenzing Norgay secured me from under and stood one stair below me.

I wonder what to climb next…

No comments: