Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My dad likes passwords

My dad really likes passwords. He has them everywhere. I somehow cannot understand the complicated system of creating the passwords so I am afraid I will newer be able to hack his computer. That is sad :(

On the other hand, it has also some positives. Not so long ago my mammy and I were having lots of fun thanks to one of dad’s passwords. We were sitting in the “work” room and I was just having my dinner. Dad was sitting by his computer and had some very strange expression in his face. He was also using that strange “computer” language he usually uses when the work does not go so well. That was all just because he was trying to open some file he had locked with a very complicate password a few days before.

My dad is a real genius in making up passwords. He is so good, that sometimes he cannot puzzle it himself. And so he was sitting in the work room and didn’t feel happy. My mam was laughing. You know, she has her own experience with passwords. Luckily, her bank supports unblocking the account on the phone when you block it with a wrong combination :)

I was already well fed and was just getting ready to go to bed and my dad was still sitting in the work room and trying to crack the top secret code. Fruitless effort, I must say…

Following two days I didn’t get to see daddy too much. He spent lots of time in the workroom and I think he didn’t get much sleep those days. I just caught sight of him during lunch. Aja was very sad, sitting under the hanger where here leash is kept. She loves being walked by dad, because he takes her to some splendid places. With mammy she just gets to walk around the town where we can go with the pram. Bud daddy didn’t see it.

Finally the third day daddy succeeded. Mammy and I were already almost asleep – I in my crib and mammy over some book - as usually. Daddy entered the bedroom with a dance step and crow so Aja even raised her head. Daddy was calling: “I got it… I got it!”

The battle was won, my dad was the winner… but… one won battle does not mean a victorious war. Look at Napoleon… he was so happy after the battle of Austerlitz… I think daddy will need that file again soon :)))

No comments: