Monday, August 18, 2008

Blackmailers all around

And there it is again. Do you remember one of my last stories about the blackmailers? Finally I started to feel safer regarding my toys as it seemed all problems were solved. My dad even received a letter from the lawyer confirming that the whole thing was a mistake.

The feeling of the safety was gone very soon. There was another blackmailer letter delivered. This time the envelop with a red strip was delivered to my grandparents. It was addressed to my mom and it again threatening with execution. The blackmailer was not the Czech Tv again but this time it was the tax office.

My grandmother felt very nervous. She said that she would never expect such threat because of my mom. She scanned the letter and sent it to mommy so she would have something to think about over the weekend.

And that is what she did. She kept thinking about it whole weekend. On Monday we all went for a walk to the tax office. Mom, daddy and I took a few rides in an elevator, visited a few offices and spent at least an hour with the woman who had sent the terrible letter. Finally everything was explained and the blackmailer woman did admit that the letter was a mistake and that there is really no debt on my mother’s account. Another twenty minutes my parents spent arguing with her asking for some written confirmation. The lady thought she had it on the hook and that she wouldn’t for sure give any confirmation. But she was no match for my father. He silenced her idle talk about no confirmation with a calm face of Charles Bronson as given by law my parents had a right for something called “Oral Proceeding Record”. Finally we left for home with this record in my mom’s bag. The record said literally that the tax office requested the money based on false claim and that my mom does not owe anything to them. The controller lady must have sleeping problems now and I guess from time to time she keeps hearing harmonica in her nightmares… :-)

We arrived home at the last moment – just on time to give me something to eat. I started to announce the hunger already on the way.

Than daddy just took his two bags, waved us and he was gone. Luckily at leas my mom stayed with me.

No comments: