Thursday, August 21, 2008

How we had our facade isolation made


There is lots of movement at home again. On Mondays a big new action started. A group of four men came with lots of tools and tubes wooden boards. The motto is “Demolish and destroy!” At first the chief told my mom that they would work from early morning to late night (i.e. from six a.m. to four p.m.) but the reality is a little different. The first day the boss arrived at around eight and the rest of the group was even later. I don’t know exactly when because at that time I was in the tax office with my parents (I have already written about it before – my second story with blackmailers). At two p.m. they were gone again. Next day they came an hour earlier so they are getting better :-).

The workmen started to work with the tubes and wooden boards. They made scaffolding. It all had to be very heavy because they had to finish it next day. My dad could not look at it and left for St. Petersburg. No wonder, the workmen started to make terrible noise when demolishing the old facade.

They have been demolishing it for third day already. They keep taking down the old asbestos facade, siding and wooden boards. The strokes are so loud that they woke me up several times and two or three times I was even afraid they ploughed inside. Luckily the house is still standing all right. It just looks very sad – it is like naked.

Aja also does not really like the works. She tries to sleep a lot but sometimes she startles, jumps and starts barking. Oh yes, Aja also know how to bark! Unfortunately she sometimes also barks at night. She probably does not like the scaffolding around the house. One night she even stressed mom so much that she took a fire-hook and went around to check the house. As Aja had already waked her up at least twice before, mom kept walking around with big dark sacks under her eyes the next day.

Already the first day mom let the workers know very clearly that the job at our house won’t be so easy. One of them smoked at ten when they were taking the first coffee break (first of many). Mom saw it so she gave him an old tea cup she usually gives to the smoking visitors instead of ashtray. The others were laughing at the smoker saying it was cleaver of my mom to do it as he would otherwise keep throwing the fag-ends around the garden. I am quite curious how many of those fag-ends is mom going to find when they are finished because they left the cup in the back garden but started to work mainly in the front.

I am also a little worried that when I start walking I won’t have any place to play. My parents got me a small but very nice garden where you can run around the grass, crawl into the flower beds and jump on the sandpit. Well… you could. Now there are old boards everywhere, huge bags with waste, tools and dust. It looks here like on a battle field, the grass is beaten down, there are nails dropped into the flower bed and the sandpit is gone. Aja is unhappy that she doesn’t even have a little space where to go and mom cannot look at the havoc any more. Daddy will be shocked when she is back. I wish it was all over soon!

No comments: