Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Starting to be dangerous

I am really very skillful but my mom says I’m slowly starting to be dangerous to myself. It all started last week when I held my bottle with tea myself and alone for the first time. I don’t like that tea much but I had lost of fun with the bottle. There is some special nipple on it so I should not spilt the tea but nothing is perfect so finally I was all wet. Besides, this nipple is great to point with it not only into your mouth but also into your eye. I just must train my arms because I get tired very soon.

However I became much more dangerous to myself on Friday. I started to roll! Mom was just working on some boring translation and I was lying next to her on the big working table trying to tear off one ear on the small plushy dog. It got bored with this activity soon and so I threw the dog under the table. Mom saw it and bended under the table to get it back. I used this moment and started to roll. When mom got back I was laying on my side, lower part of my little body was already rolled and the only thing (unfortunately quite significant thing) which was in the way was my lower arm. I could not get over it. Also I could not have looked down from the table as mom places me unnecessarily too far away from the edge… I will have to learn how to crawl.

I keep training to roll diligently. Already on Saturday I showed it to my dad. I am getting quite good at it. Everything goes well but one “insignificant detail”. I can not understand why babies have two arms. One is quite enough to roll around and the other one just stays in the way. Otherwise it is very easy – I bend in my back like a bow, I throw the legs over each other and than I bend my head as if I wanted to break my neck. I just cannot get over that arm. Usually I lose my temper in some while and start to cry. Mammy helps me and I finish rolling to my belly and I am satisfied for a short while.

Yesterday I even tried to do my first “double-roll”. Mammy helped me to get to my belly and I immediately continued to get to another spin. Unfortunately my support team did not count with anything like that and there was not enough space around me so mom had to push me back a little. That completely destroyed my concentration and rolling was over.

I understand that my achievements are not sufficient enough fort he Olympic golden medial yet but if I spend more time training may be I will be able to do pirouettes too. Mom and dad are having lots of fun right now when I show them my new skills. I thing they still don’t realize that after rolling babies start to crawl and than I will be the one having a laugh :).

No comments: