Thursday, August 14, 2008

Television – my good friend


My parents are usually quite fain and they for sure love me but sometimes I cannot understand them at all. For example yesterday. Mom was feeding me my afternoon snack and she turned the TV on to watch some news. We have a new box under the Tv set – my parents call it satellite – and unlike the old one this box allows us to watch also more Czech programs like ČT24 etc.

So mom watched the news on ČT24 and she held me to not be able to watch it too. I don’t understand why can’t I enjoy the movable pictures when she can watch it.

I tried to wrick my neck, I was not interested in the bottle any more, and I was kicking my mom for so long that I really managed to take a glimpse of the box with movable pictures. Unfortunately my mom is quite sensitive and she understood what I was up to very soon. She simply switched the TV off. Instead of both being satisfied we both didn’t watch.

We have already had the similar fight with my daddy. Colorful Olympics circles, lots of musclemen and musclewomen who looked like the men, music, shouts and other noises … that all was on TV and daddy was watching it. Mom was running around with iron and was working on my clean wear. I was lying therefore on my daddy’s lap trying to suck on my fingers. Daddy is even worse than my mom. He also doesn’t let me suck on my fingers and he even hides my hands so not to be able to put it into my mouth. In a while I got bored with the fight and than I realized why I was lying with my back towards the TV. The TV was on and I was going to miss the fun.

So the new fight started. At first I kept turning but daddy realized what I was about to do. Than I tried to change my strategy. I behaved as if I was interested in a toy and as soon as daddy started giving it to me, I turned. It is not easy but I made it. And what do you think daddy did? Of course he turned me back in a way I really had no chance to watch the TV. Luckily my neck is still very flexible. I almost wringed off my head but I could see. Well, just for a while. Daddy turned me back again and when he saw I was not giving up, he simply took to another room. Such a life! :(

No comments: