Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My first meeting with blackmailers

Today there was a lot of upheaval. In the morning a post woman came and she brought some interesting envelop. My dad was deeply interested in it. He kept looking at it and examining it from all possible sides. It was an envelope with confirmation of delivery. When he opened the envelope, he went through all documents, which were inside and than he just kept shaking his head in disbelief.

Mom borrowed it from him and than she also kept shaking her head and she repeated a few times “I can’t believe this”. Unfortunately they did not allow me to slobber it.

Are you curious what were inside? A blackmailer’s letter. The only thing is that it was not written by some kidnappers but by a lawyer and on the top of it it was written on behalf of the Czech TV. It said that my dad was due and that he had to pay a penalty of more ten thousand CZK and register among the other ratepayers. But it was for businessmen only and my dad neither repairs nor sells any TV sets and he pays the concessionary fee as everybody else.

Daddy spent a day trying to reach the lawyer by phone to make him send us a confirmation that the letter is just a mistake and that my dad does not owe any money. Finally he reached him and let’s hope the confirmation will come too.

Today’s world is strange. Even the statutory TV ranks itself among some smuggling blackmailers. And they do it voluntarily… and for the money of all of us! I start to fear for my plushy friends and teddy bears. What if some strange guy with yellow stickers (with words “distrait of debtor”) rings our bell one day and I lose everything? Where will I sleep? With whom will I play and what will I use to bath in?

No comments: